Two Light Luxury Apartments
The state-of-the-art Two Light apartment tower in Kansas City, Missouri is part of The Cordish Companies’ nine block Power & Light District. The project will be LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) v3 NC (New Construction) certified through the US Green Building Council. Sustainable strategies include:
- A formerly contaminated site was remediated to remove soil and groundwater contaminants.
- The garage naturally ventilates rather than by mechanical means.
- 32% water savings is expected over a baseline with the use of water saving toilets, faucets, and showers.
- The project is targeting 30% of the building materials to be sourced regionally.
- All of the adhesives, sealants, paints, coatings, and flooring used in the building have low VOC content for excellent indoor air quality.
- Preferred parking for Low Emitting and Fuel Efficient Vehicles is provided to offer incentives for efficient vehicles.